Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Note About the Ads in my Videos

I've had some questions about the ads that pop up at the bottom of my videos. I have been using a revenue-generating website to post my videos. Essentially, they get my video and, supposedly based on the content of my video, attach ads for products that may appeal to people who are interested in my videos (in other words, they try to match up the video's intent and the items being advertised). For the most part, they do a pretty good job at this.

Whenever anyone clicks on the ad, it generates a tiny bit of revenue for me. It's not much, I assure you, so every little bit helps.

The big problem with the ads is that they cover up my choreography notes at the bottom of the screen. I have tried putting the words somewhere else on the screen, but the bottom left corner just seems to be the best location to me. Remember that I always post the entire choreography on my blog for every video that I post here, so you don't have to copy it from the video as you are watching it.

And, if those darn ads are just bugging you too much, you can click the little "X" in the upper right corner, and they should disappear.

I have taped 3 videos demonstrating the breakdown that I used on my last Advanced Step routine, and I hope to work on them very soon. I also have taped another Intermediate Step routine, which is also on my "to-do" list.

Take Care, and Keep Stepping!
Dana


2 comments:

Ashlie said...

I will click on those ads at least 3 times each time I'm here:). I hope you get something from that. It is the LEAST I can do since you are a huge part of my step coregraphy lately. I can't ever say thank you enough! You are amazing.

StepJunkie said...

Hi Ashlie,
Thank you! I appreciate that very much! :-) Seems like a good arrangement to me!

Take care, and Keep Step Alive!!

Dana