Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Advanced Step for Ya!

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted anything. I just finished a horrendous 2 weeks at work, and then attended the DCAC fitness convention, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Look for my advanced classes to be changing in the near future based on one of the workshops I took. Very interesting stuff!

But, in the meantime, here is Combo 1 of an Advanced Step routine that I taught back in June. I'm currently teaching another Advanced routine, which I will most likely tape this coming Monday. I taught Combos 1 and 3 of this routine (Combo 1 is shown below, the rest are to follow shortly) when I visited my good friend Leslie (Lethal Leslie to all you YouTubers and Turnsteppers) up in Canada back in early July. Hey, I'm an International Instructor! LOL.

Anyhow, please note that I had to edit nearly all of the repetition out of this video in order to get it down below 10 minutes in length (YouTube requirement), so please know that I DID, in fact, practice each layer several times with my group before moving to the next change. The actual breakdown of this combo took closer to 14-15 minutes.

Enjoy!
Dana


1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi Dana,
thanks for all your work! I learned a lot from your breakdown videos and do choreos for intermediate / advanced people that I never believed I'm able to do when I startet my "carreer" as an instructor a year ago. It is so much fun being creative and see how the people really do what I thought about in my living room...

And now I'm very curious about what you've learned.

Bye, Julia(steps) from youtube