Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sad News

I wondered how long my good luck would last. And, as I predicted, it didn't last too long. I'm referring to my fleeting permission to videotape myself teaching my classes in the gym setting. I work for a great club, but they've rescinded my permission to tape at the gym, I assume due to legal implications. It's just my nature to comply with rules, so of course I will stop taping at the gym.

Now, add to that blow, the fact that we took down my green screen at home about a month ago in prepration for our basement to get finished. So, at present I have no "good" alternative for taping locations.

Fear not, however, as I have a couple of things up my sleeve that will enable me to continue to do my videos. My husband thinks he can recreate my green screen in a different part of our finished basement. So that's Option #1. Option #2 is a green screen room that my brother has in his warehouse. I think he'd let me use it, but it's a long distance from my house, so it's not too convenient -- especially not as convenient as popping down to the basement!

So, stay tuned... I am determined to be back. And, in the meantime, this gives me a bit of time to go outside and take some beautiful Autumn foliage pictures to use as my backgrounds in my future videos!

Take care, and look back soon!

Dana

6 comments:

threeboys2004 said...

I can tell by the heart rate chart on the wall of your videos that you work at a Lifetime Fitness. Not surprised at all that they made you quit filming. I worked at one facility in Ohio for about a year. I finally quit (much to my kids' disappointment) because I felt so stifled. Much too "corporate" for me.
Keep up the good work! I love your blog and videos. I'm a devoted fan.

Unknown said...

Awwwwww!!! I'm so sad :( I love your videos and have followed your great advice as I started teaching step (remember all my emails about breaking down and self reversing combos???). Without your help- and invaluable videos, I would have quit before ever starting. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your hubby will save the day! :)

djknemo said...

I hope any of the 2 choices works out, me and friend just found your blog, and he had seen some of your videos on youtube, please continue sharing your work, there are many people who has in people like you a great chance to lear and be a better instructor when it comes about something so difficult as the step classes. Greetings, from Chile, Southamerica.

Barbara Lust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Lust said...

too bad. I didn´t even ask for permission im my club, but it´s so big, nobody even took notice... still, I don´t really like to film in class. I prefer filming after my classes, since I still remember the breakdowns and the exercises I did. not filming in class actually makes the clips shorter and easier to watch. I don´t think they would mind you filming in the club but not in class, all by your own...

Unknown said...

Ah Dana - I am so sad for you. I hope you get something going soon. I love your stuff and use lots and lots of it.

Take care

Linda