Thursday, June 24, 2010

Intermediate Step, Combo 1, June 19, 2010

Are you ready for some more Intermediate Step? This is combo 1 of a routine I just finished teaching at my gym. I kept it longer than usual because my participants really enjoyed it, and also because it has some more advanced aspects (i.e., syncopation and cross-phrased moves), and I wanted to give them more time to work with it and really master it. I hope you enjoy this.

Dana




Choreography:

Up & stomp in front, Box cha-cha (8)
Stomp & Stall across (6)
Rock 3 on the floor & stomp (6)
Scissor Over (4)
Knee on the Floor (4)
Cut the Corner (4)

3 comments:

e said...

Love it, thanks!

Donna C said...

Love this combo but could you explain the rock 3 on floor & stomp in more detail? For some reason I'm having trouble with this....Thank you sooo much.!

StepJunkie said...

Hi Donna,

The Rock 3 on the Floor & Stomp is the part that comes in right after you stall across. You will step down off of the step with one foot, rock back with the other foot, then step on the floor again with the first foot in the same location that it came down originally. This is 3 counts. You then do one stomp, with its exit, which is the other 3 counts. When you put these together, it's 6 counts. All of the steps are like marches (alternating feet), with no lift moves at all in there. Does that help?

Dana