Sunday, December 28, 2008

Easy Intermediate Step, 12/23/2008

Well, I taped a bunch of videos just before my Christmas break, and now I'm in the process of producing them. Here is the Easy Intermediate step routine. Also to come are an intermediate-level class with complete breakdowns.... yes, I broke down the entire class!! I still need to tape my current advanced class and the breakdowns for that one, too.

Today I taught my last Sunday class of 2008. My Sunday class consists of people with a wide range of abilities, and these are the routines that I label "Intermediate Step." I couldn't bring myself to teach the same routine that we've been using in December, so I looked through my notes from 2008 and put together a class from all of my favorite parts of various classes from the whole year. I was a bit spacey today and I didn't teach as well as I'd hoped for the last class of the year, but overall it went fine, I guess.

Choreography notes are below the video. Have fun!

Dana



Choreography

Combo 1
L-Step, x2 (16)
1 Hamstring and walk, spin, or shuffle to the front (8)
Glutes, x2 (8)
Lunges, x6 and exit at Home (16)
Mambo cha-cha, x2 (8)
Walk or chasse all the way around the step (8)

Combo 2
Hangover Hamstring repeater (8)
Diagonal crossover cha-cha (8)
Double Knee & Walk back, 1 Knee walk up, Double knee (16)
Jump & Clap Repeater, x2 (16)
V-Step, x2 (8) *Second V-Step can be a squat, "tap dance", backwards V on the floor, etc.
Split Basic (8)

Combo 3
Kicks around the world (16)
T-Step (8)
Up-up and Double Squat off the front, exit home (8)
1 Knee & Mambo Cha-cha (8)
Chasse Rock, x2 (8)
Double Stomp, Single Stomp (8)
Knees, x2 (8)

No comments: