Thursday, March 18, 2010

One Step Closer - Pun Intended!

Hi everyone!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on my blog. After this, I have some videos to post, along with the choreography.

But first, I wanted to say that I've taken one more step towards my goal of being able to provide workshops to other Step instructors. In January, I passed my ACE certification test!!! Yea! and Phew! I've been working on developing the content of the workshop, and hope to be able to get started with providing CECs and CEUs for ACE and AFAA very soon.

The first workshop I've put together is to provide a way to make the whole process of planning a class and its breakdown a whole lot faster and easier. This workshop would be for people who already teach Step. I'm also considering a very basic class that is just "how to teach Step", which would be for people who want to learn to teach Step.

If you have any comments, please send me an email, or place a comment on this entry. I'm sorry to say that I had to turn on "comment moderation" again, because some folks started posting some links to ... well, let's just say... non-fitness-type websites. You get my drift... So, fear not, I will post any legitimate comments, but they won't appear until I moderate them.

Dana

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I am really interested in learning the skill of breaking down those advanced steps, I holds me back, sometimes i can put together a good routine but don't bother teach it as i do not have the breakdown. How do u plan on presenting to people who are far away, I am in Jamaica but very interested

tafari_i@hotmail.com

Diane said...

hi dana! i've recently discovered your blog and find it very helpful. i've just started teaching step and noticed there really are a lot of ways to break things down.. i guess it sort of comes to personal preference. but i'd be interested in taking a class in it for sure. im AFAA certified but haven't take any step-specific certifications so not sure how those classes would compare to what you are thinking of putting together.