Thursday, August 28, 2008

Advanced Step Routine

On Sunday I was able to tape 3 new routines, one of which was the intermediate routine posted below. I'm just producing them in the order I taped them, so here's an advanced step routine for you. This routine also went through several iterations before I was happy with it, so in the very near future, look for a short combo (32 counts) that was my original Combo 2 for this routine. It's quite a bit more advanced than Combo 2 in this routine, but by easing up on the complexity, I was able to give everyone more time to practice everything else, and they were able to remember it much better. I have a really great breakdown for the alternative Combo 2, which I hope to tape soon. Look for the same background, and that means that the videos go together.


Choreography:

Combo 1:
Up-Up, Swivel & Switch (4)
Box on the Floor (4)
10-count Revolving Door (10)
Knee lift over & walk/spin home "Figure 4" (6)
"Double Kick Box" (8)


Combo 2:
Double Stomp & Switch, x2 (8)
1 Kick (4)
Mambo off the end (4)
Tick-Tock, Jazz Square Cha-cha (8)
Repeater Knee "Stomp-Elvis-Stomp" (8)


Combo 3:
Reverse Rock 3 (5)
Drag to the front side (3)
Chasse Tango (8)
Shuffle down the board into a 3-ct turn, x2 (10)
Alternating Stomps (6)

Have fun!

No comments: