Friday, April 3, 2009

Intermediate Step

I'm late in posting this video, but I hope you'll enjoy it. I came up with this routine sort-of by chance. I was driving to work in February, and it was a long drive (45 minutes each way), and -- as always -- I had some Step music playing from my favorite mixer, 32mix. As I listened to the music, Step moves just started popping into my head. I was fiddling around with some variations on repeaters, and I thought, "Hey, I could do a class that was nothing but repeaters!" Of course, you can't have a whole class that is nothing but repeaters because then you have no lead changes. Once I figured that out, I decided to create a class that was "mostly" repeaters. This routine is mostly repeaters that have been modified, with Basics or Alternating Lifts to round out the 32-ct phrase and ensure the combos change lead.

I hope you enjoy it!



Choreography:

Hangover hamstrings (4), Chasse forward & pivot (4) *
Mambo off the end (4)
Abduct, Cross on top, exit & Stomp (8)*
Knee Straddle (4)
Knee Walk Back (8)
Kick, x2 (8)
1 Lunge & 1 Stomp (8)*
Stomp Across (aka Spider) (8)
Over & Toes Repeater (8)*

10-ct Revolving Door (10)
Elvis (6)
Diagonal Crossover Cha-cha (8)*
Stomp & Twist (8)*

Full-Circle Turnstep (8)
L-Step (8)*
Tap-tap, Quickover, Box (8)*
2 Squats & 1 Knee Repeater (8)*

*These moves are based on Repeaters.

No comments: