Friday, October 31, 2008

Problems with Videos not Displaying

So, I've been notified that my videos aren't showing up -- they appear as a broken link box instead. Well, this is no good. No good at all! Now first off, let me assure you, I'm not a Microsoft Basher! Hey, years ago, I even earned my Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer certification, and I worked as a computer technician fixing issues exactly like this!! But..... despite my usual enthusiasm and unbiased view of Microsoft products, this issue with videos not showing up appears to be, well, a Microsoft issue.

I personally haven't been having any trouble with it, so when I was told that the videos weren't showing up, I did some research. I noted that not only are the videos not showing up on MY blog, but they are not showing up on several of my video-posting buddies' blogs either!


Unfortunately, I can't tell you why the videos are showing up as broken links, but I can tell you that this ONLY happens when I use Internet Explorer. When I view my blog (and the other blogs) using my Firefox browser -- NO PROBLEM! When I tried it using the Opera browser, again -- NO PROBLEM! So, while I don't have a fix for this (yet! -- but I'm still convinced it is somehow related to the Flash plug-in and Microsoft Internet Explorer), if you would like to try the Firefox or Opera browsers, they are free. And, then you can watch all sorts of fabulous breakdown videos that aren't on YouTube!

No comments: